Public Liability & Professional Indemnity Insurance

  • Time to read less than 1 minute

All registered electricians will have the right insurance in place. Ideally both public liability and professional indemnity.

I have recently renewed S Cloud Electrical Services insurance policy. Unlike other electricians who have the minimum amount I have chosen to set myself above the rest and choose a higher level of cover.

There are two types of insurance that need to be in place for an electrician to join a part P scheme. A minimum cover of £2 million is required for public liability and £250,000 for professional indemnity. S Cloud Electrical Services now has £5 million public liability insurance and £1 million professional indemnity insurance.

Why does this matter? Most electricians will not be able to cover the lost for damages in the unfortunate event that something does go wrong. They will simply close their business and the customer will not be able to get anything back.

A good electrician will always have all the relevant insurances in place. Next time you have a tradesman or tradeswomen in your home, ask them what type of cover they have in place.


Scott Cloud


01689 323101